Alder King Win Go Green Award for Most Improved Travel and Transport
Inspired by their involvement in Bristol’ Big Green Week in June, they decided to undertake a review of its green travel and transport credentials.
Since June, the Green Team has met quarterly to review progress against their Action Plan, and they have also appointed Green Champions in their six regional offices to roll out our green practices across the firm.
Key initiatives introduced by Alder King over the past year include:
- Purchasing two new electric bikes and providing cycle training for staff
- Installing new bike racks for staff and visitors.
- Joining the First Bus Corporate Travel Scheme to secure discounts for staff on monthly and annual bus passes.
- Promoting sustainable travel during Bristol Big Green Week – particularly on Better Travel Day, when a complimentary breakfast was given to those who left their cars at home.
- Re-promoting their existing Cycle to Work scheme to ensure all staff are aware of it.
- Encouraging cycling as both a means of commuting and a hobby, with experienced cyclists running lunchtime Bike Clinics for those who hadn’t cycled for a while.
Since June, the Green Team has met quarterly to review progress against their Action Plan. They have also appointed Green Champions in their six regional offices to roll out our green practices across the firm.
Looking ahead, they hope to extend our activities with a bi-monthly events programme that is low-cost and quick to organise. Ideas include lunchtime litter picks; Walk & Talk instead of Sit & Call; environmental film screenings; a book/clothes swap shop and post-work cycle rides.
For more information about Go Green and to create an action plan, visit www.gogreenbusiness.co.uk