Notification of consultation on M4 Junction 18a options
A consultation launched on Monday 21 August, which will help inform a feasibility study into options for a new motorway junction, 18a, to link the M4 with the A4174 ring road.
The consultation is running until Monday 16 October and everyone with an interest in the new junction is encouraged to have their say by completing a survey.
We are asking residents and businesses for their views on two options: a Western route and an Eastern route.
This route would use Westerleigh Road and the A4174 ring road adjacent to Lyde Green in Emersons Green. This would mean the new Junction 18a could be located to the north west of the Lyde Green development. It would require some realignment to the M4 itself.
This route explores the potential of building a link road and junction to the north and west of Pucklechurch. This would require the creation of a new link road, but a new motorway junction could be accommodated without the need to realign the M4.
All consultation material, including the survey and guidance on how to respond, is available at http://www.southglos.gov.uk/M4J18a
We are carrying out a number of public exhibitions which will be held at community venues. The format will be a drop-in session so that people can come along at a time which is convenient to them. The dates, times and locations are as follows:
- Tuesday 5 September, 1pm to 7.30pm at Pucklechurch Community Centre, Abson Road, Pucklechurch, BS16 9RH
- Wednesday 6 September, 6pm to 9pm, St Anne’s Church Hall, Gibbs Lane, Syston BS16 9LT
- Monday 11 September, 4pm to 6.45pm at Westerleigh Village Hall, Shorthill Road, Westerleigh, BS37 8QN
- Thursday 14 September, 1pm to 7.30pm at Emersons Green Village Hall, Emerson Way, Emersons Green, BS16 7AP
- Tuesday 19 September, 4pm to 7pm at the Shire Way Community Centre, Yate, BS37 8YS
- Wednesday 20 September, 12pm to 2pm, the Bristol and Bath Science Park, Dirac Crescent, Emersons Green
- Thursday 21 September, 4pm to 7pm, Warmley Community Centre, 20 Deanery Road, Warmley, BS15 9JB.
Any questions can be emailed to email@example.com